Insurance Myths

Myth #9: All Car Insurance Is the Same.
When comparing policies, you can’t look at price and not consider the level of protection. Any provider can reduce your coverage limits to reduce your premium, but you end up at risk. Smart ways to save are:
·    Increasing your deductible
·    Get all possible discounts.
·    Talk to your agent periodically because changes in life can change your needs.
Homeowner's Insurance

Home is where your heart is – along with a healthy chunk of your net worth. Your house is one of your most important investments, so be sure to protect it with a homeowners insurance policy. Turn to Morris Insurance Agency for the best coverage at the best rates.

Why Buy Homeowner's Insurance?

Why do you need homeowners insurance coverage? For one thing, you probably can't buy a house without it. (Most mortgage holders require you to have it.) But honestly—why wouldn't you want home insurance? Your home is one of your largest investments. Makes sense to protect it, doesn't it?

When you're looking for homeowners insurance, apply the Goldilocks principle—you're looking for a policy that's just right. (A cozy townhouse needs different coverage than a sprawling country estate.) Morris Insurance makes available a wide range of coverage options. Find out what's best for you with a free home insurance quote, or call 251-473-5119 to discuss your options with one of our licensed insurance agents.

How Does Homeowners Insurance Protect Me?

Fire, theft, accidents. . . these are the kinds of threats that might cause you to lose sleep, if you didn’t have the protection of homeowners insurance coverage. Fortunately, a homeowners policy will cover damage to your home and personal property due to a variety of causes (called "named perils" in insurance lingo.) The personal liability portion of a homeowners policy provides coverage, for example if your litigious brother-in-law slips down your steps on a rainy day and injures himself.

What Does Homeowners Insurance Protect?

Each home insurance policy is different, but standard policies usually provide:

  • Broad coverage for damage to your house and any permanent structures on your property (unless the cause of the damage is specifically excluded in your policy.)
  • Damage to your personal property due to causes specified in your policy.
  • Limited coverage which is available for items like stolen jewelry. Coverage amounts vary depending on your state of residence.
  • Additional coverage for valuable items which can be purchased through endorsements to your homeowners policy.
  • Coverage for personal liability exposures that arise from being a homeowner.
  • Coverage for additional costs you might incur because of a covered loss (for example, if you need to temporarily live elsewhere if a fire makes your home uninhabitable).

You can increase your limits for items such as jewelry, furs, firearms, gold or silverware. For example, if you were seeking additional protection for your jewelry, you may purchase endorsements that provide:

  • Additional coverage for your jewelry beyond the amount covered in a standard policy.
  • An increase in the perils insured against, for example, a misplaced piece of jewelry, or a stone that falls out of a setting.
  • No deductible before losses for jewelry are covered.
Check Out our Discounts

Why pay more than you need to? You may qualify for a variety of discounts on your homeowners insurance policy. Do you have:

  • A monitored alarm system?
  • Deadbolts on your doors?
  • Smoke detectors in your house?
  • A sprinkler system?

If you can answer – "yes" – to these questions, you may be eligible for a discount on your policy. Protecting your home with safety features like these is smart thinking. But, you knew that already!

A word to landlords and landladies: If you own a home and rent it to someone, you need a specific type of homeowners insurance, known as a "dwelling fire" policy. Contact us to get a quote on this type of policy.

Do you live in a single-family home?

  • You probably need a standard homeowners insurance policy. And, lucky you! You can start a quote right here.

Do you live in a condo or co-op?

  • You need a different type of policy.  Contact us for more details.

Do you rent a home but live somewhere else?

  • You'll need special coverage—either a dwelling fire policy or a commercial property policy.

Already have homeowner's insurance?
It's time you did a little comparison shopping. Get a free quote and see how much you could save on home insurance!